Monterey Bay Half Marathon
Dubrovnik Sister-City Promotion Drawing
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF MONTEREY COUNTY ONLY AND WHO ARE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
- ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE. Open only to legal residents of the Monterey County who are 21 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of the Monterey Bay Half Marathon (Big Sur Marathon Foundation) or the City of Monterey and members of the immediate families (spouse, children, parents, siblings) and persons living in the same household (whether or not related) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible.
- PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion begins on May 1, 2022 and ends at 11:59 pm PST on November 12, 2022.
- TO ENTER: Register HERE (“Web Site”) and select the “opt in” field during the online registration. Entries are also collected at the Expo booth. For questions regarding entry, please email the registrar.
- DRAWING/PRIZE/WINNER NOTIFICATION: A random drawing will be conducted at the after-race announcements at the Custom Plaza-Monterey State Historic Park on November 13, 2022. Two grand prize packages will be awarded to two separate individuals by a representative (Sponsor) of the Big Sur International Marathon and City of Monterey. The prizes include the following:
- Round-Trip Airline Tickets for Two to Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Five-Nights Deluxe Hotel Accommodations
- Complimentary Entry into the 2023 Dubrovnik Half Marathon & exclusive Run The Wall race
- Meal Allowance to Experience this Culinary Destination
- Complimentary Bus Transportation throughout Dubrovnik
- VIP Race Package & Special Event Access
- Special Sister-City Gatherings & Luncheons with the City of Dubrovnik & Monterey
WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential prize winners will be notified during the after-race announcements or via email and/or phone within five (5) days of the drawing.
If a prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, or if winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these rules that winner will be disqualified, and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner in a separate random drawing. Only four (4) alternate winners may be determined through this process, after which the prize may remain un-awarded.
All travel related expenses, including but not limited to ground transportation to and from home, taxes, gratuities, incidentals, upgrades, insurance, service charges, airport surcharges, luggage fees, personal expenses such as telephone/Internet charges, etc. are the sole responsibility of prize winner. Winner and travel companion must have valid photo ID and any other required documentation prior to departure. Winner’s travel companion must be legal U.S. resident, 21 years or older.
- GENERAL: By participating, entrants agree a) to these rules and decisions of Sponsor which shall be final and binding in all respects and in all matters relating to this promotion; b) to release, discharge, indemnify and agree to hold harmless Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, agents and representatives and all of their respective employees, officers and directors (individually and collectively “Releasees”) from any liability or responsibility whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise) of any kind (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss of or destruction of property, or rights of publicity or privacy), arising out of or in connection with the promotion or from their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or participation in the promotion or any promotion related activity or travel related activity; and c) if a winner, by acceptance of prize, to the announcement/use of name, voice, image and/or likeness, at any time or times, for trade, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes without compensation (unless prohibited by law) by Sponsor and those acting pursuant to Sponsor’s direction, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval and agrees to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. In no event will Releasees be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, whether direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive or other damages. Winner (and winner’s parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence) will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, liability and (where legal) publicity release, which must be returned within time period specified by Sponsor or prize may be forfeited. If any prizes or documents are returned as non-deliverable, or if a winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, winner will be disqualified, and prize forfeited, and an alternate winner selected. If winner is not of the age of majority in his/her state of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of or to parent or legal guardian (as solely determined by Sponsor) who must execute all documents and agree to all undertakings of winner set forth in these Official Rules or prize may be forfeited. Releasees are not responsible and shall not be liable for: a) telephone, electronic, hardware or software or program, network, or Internet or computer malfunction, or any communications accessibility, availability or lines, or technical errors of any kind or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such or similar information; b) failed, incomplete, garbled, corrupted or delayed computer transmissions; c) lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, illegible entries or postage-due mail, entries or email; or d) any condition caused by events that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the promotion or any portion thereof should computer hardware or software malfunctions (such as but not limited to virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures) or any other causes corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the promotion, and select the winners from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
- ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Releasees are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Web Site users, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the promotion and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or technical error or unauthorized access to the Web Site. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the promotion or Web Site; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; to be acting in violation of the terms of the Web Site, or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Releasees are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials or programs or software to any computer or downloading materials from or use of the Web Site. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party, or like entry methods, will disqualify all entries using such methods. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. Entry information and entries become property of Sponsor. In case of dispute, the authorized subscriber of email account used to enter the Promotion, at actual time of entry, will be deemed to be participant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses. No prize transfer or cash redemption or substitution, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with prize of equal or greater value should prize become unavailable.
IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASEES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF INTERNET SITE http://www.montereybayhalfmarathon.org/register/ OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OR LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.