Race Weekend Schedule
PACKET PICK-UP and HEALTH AND FITNESS EXPO
- Friday November 9, 12 Noon to 6 PM or Saturday, November 10, 9:30 AM to 6 PM
- Monterey Conference Center, 1 Portola Plaza in downtown Monterey
- Pick-up your race bib, participant shirt, gear check bag and Official Race Program.
- Please schedule your travel plans so that you can be at the Expo Friday or Saturday for packet pick-up. If you cannot do this, you may have someone else pick up for you by filling out the Packet Pick-Up Authorization Form. Or, we can arrange to have your complete race packet at the front desk of the Monterey Marriott after 5 PM on Saturday (email email@example.com to arrange this). You can also pick up race morning near the start beginning at 5:30 AM (a fee may apply, amount to be determined).
- Race merchandise, vendors, and other items of interest are available.
- The expo is free and open to the public.
- If you are a vendor and are interested in exhibiting at the Expo, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
TECH HAPPY HOUR
Open from Friday from 1 to 5:30 PM and Saturday from 3 to 5 PM in the Tech Lounge at the Health & Fitness Expo.
The Tech Happy Hour is a time to relax and enjoy a Lagunitas Beer or a glass of District 7 wine ($4 each). The Lounge is open during Expo hours for device charging, meet-ups with RunBetter founders and racers, and ID checking for Sunday beer purchases at the Half Marathon Finish Village. Open from 3 to 5 PM in the Tech Lounge at the Health & Fitness Expo.
There will be raffle prizes daily announced on Instagram from Plantronics, Aftershoks, ASICS, GU, RunBet, Lululemon and more!
- Saturday, 12 Noon: Best Strength Training Exercises for Runners, presented by Fitz Koehler, M.S.E.S.S
Learn a runner-specific training program proven to increasse speed while decreasing pain and recuperation time. Up your pace and enhance your race experience while preveing common injuries.
Koehler is a fitness expert, race announcer, TV personality, author and speaker from Gainsville, Florida, with a Master’s Degree in Exercise and Sports Sciences.
- Satuday, 1 PM: Science in Sport: Separating Fact from Fiction, presented by Gretchen Reynolds
More studies are being done around the world on training, racing, recovery, rest, and nutrition. Reynolds will explain how you can benefit from this new information and answer your questions on a variety of topics.
Reynolds is an award-winning writer, pens the weekly “Phys Ed” column for the New York Times, and author of the 2012 book, The First 20 Minutes.
- Saturday, 2 PM: Let Your Mind Run, presented by Deena Kastor
Kastor, an Olympic medalist and American record holder in the marathon, half marathon, and many other distances, will share how she learned to condition her mind as well as her body to cultivate the positivity that helped lead to incredible performances. Autograph session to follow!
Kastor was the 2004 Olympic Marathon bronze medalist and has held the US record in the marathon for 15 years. She has set World, national and masters records in distances ranging from 5K to the marathon. Her book, Let Your Mind Run, came out earlier this year and is a NY Times Bestseller.
- Saturday, 3 PM: Olympic Memories, Olympic Dreams, Presented by a panel of Olympians and Hopefuls
Enjoy favorite memories of Olympic experiences from several Olympians and hear from those dreaming about Tokyo 2020 from some of the runners who willrace the Monterey Bay Half Marathon. Attendees include Steve Scott, Deena Kastor, Blake Russell, Kellyn Taylor, and Danny Tapia.Autograph session to follow!
RACE WEEKEND PARTICIPANT GUIDE
A Race Weekend Participant Guide will be available online in early November. It will also be emailed to all registrants in an email via Constant Contact or Active.com.
The By-the-Bay 3K and Pacific Grove Lighthouse 5K will take place at Lovers Point Park in Pacific Grove on Saturday, November 10. The 3K begins at 8 AM. The 5K begins at 8:30 AM.
HALF MARATHON FINISH FESTIVAL
The Finish Festival will take place at the Custom House Plaza adjacent to the Portola Hotel & Spa and Fisherman’s Wharf beginning at 7:30 AM. The awards ceremony will begin at 10 AM on the Awards Stage.