2020 Monterey Bay Half Marathon Ambassador Applications are NOW CLOSED
The Big Sur Marathon Foundation is launching its first-ever Ambassador Program for the Monterey Bay Half Marathon, recently named the “Best Half Marathon in California” by RaceRaves! We are seeking enthusiastic runners who are familiar with or excited about promoting the 2020 Monterey Bay Half Marathon and who identify with our mission to “create beautiful running events that promote health and benefit our community.” Our community of enthusiastic runners is always growing, and we want you to help us spread reliable information, promote health, and inspire individuals to reach their goals. Our 2020 Ambassadors will be an extension of the Monterey Bay Half Marathon family, and we can’t wait to meet you!
Who we’re looking for:
- Runners who are familiar with or excited about promoting the 2020 Monterey Bay Half Marathon
- Individuals who identify with our nonprofit mission to “create beautiful running events that promote health and benefit our community”
- Individuals with strong demonstrable skills in one or more of the following areas: social media/blogging, content creation (video/photo), community outreach, group recruitment, involvement in running clubs or other health-focused social groups
- Must be able to commit from March 1, 2020 to January 31, 2021
- Must be able to attend the 2020 Monterey Bay Half Marathon Marathon on November 15, 2020
What you’ll do:
- Cultivate community around the Monterey Bay Half Marathon brand. We are seeking individuals to perpetuate a positive, inclusive, inspiring culture surrounding the race.
- Utilize your public social media presence to promote the Monterey Bay Half Marathon including, but not limited to, registration information, race weekend logistics, merchandise, travel, community, charitable giving, runner stories, facts and figures, sustainability, volunteers, sponsors and activations, etc.
- Support and amplify the organization’s marketing efforts and bolster registration sign-ups through a unique referral link
- Distribute marketing collateral and attend Expos, training runs, group runs, etc., on behalf of the Monterey Bay Half Marathon
- Interact with other Ambassadors via regular video conference calls and through an invite-only Facebook group
What you’ll get:
- Free entry into the 2020 Monterey Bay Half Marathon on November 15th
- Invitation to the Friday night kick-off reception
- Monterey Bay Half Marathon swag mailed periodically during your term
- Sponsor gifts
- Social media exposure on Monterey Bay Half Marathon channels
How we’ll evaluate you:
- Ambassadors will not receive a discount code for promotional purposes based on the marketing guidelines of the organization. Instead, Ambassadors will receive a unique referral link that allows MBHM staff to track registration conversions back to each Ambassador.
- Performance will also be evaluated based on visibility in their communities, both digital and physical, as well as quality of work and time committed.
- Please note that while we are looking for individuals with substantial social media presence, we are also looking to build a diverse group of Ambassadors with complementary skill sets such as: content creation (photography/videography), community outreach, promotional event planning, etc.
- Ambassador perks will be distributed to all selected ambassadors on a pre-determined schedule. Perks will not be distributed based on performance.
- Ambassadors agree to be part of the program from March 1, 2020 to January 31, 2021.
- Ambassadors may not be Ambassadors for more than three (3) other races or brands.
- Ambassadors may not promote personal political or religious viewpoints on their public social media pages.
- Ambassador terms expire after approximately one year based on the race registration cycle. Ambassador terms do not automatically renew, and all Ambassadors will be required to re-apply each registration cycle.
- Ambassadors are not financially compensated in any way. We do not subsidize travel, lodging, reimburse expenses, or issue payment of any kind.
- We reserve the right to terminate any Ambassador from the program at any time during their term for any reason.
How to Apply: 2020 applications are now closed. Ambassadors will be selected and notified on February 21st.